Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Be Angry and do NOT sin!


Ephesians 4:26-27

 “Be angry, and do not sin” do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil.




Is it possible to be angry and do not let that anger dominate you to sin? Hmmmm.. well that's what the bible tells us, “Be angry, and do not sin”.
Many times I have been very angry mostly towards the person most I love.. my husband. I had let angry feelings control my responses many times, and the results were not pleasing at all to the Lord. How do you manage that anger? Do you keep it in your interior feeding it until one day you explode like a volcano! or do you take it to the Lord instead?
Well I know I have done both but just one will give you an exchange for Peace & Joy.. Guess which one is it? Yes, you got it! Submitting all that junk (rage, envy, jealousy, violence, wrath, a murder spirit - because Murder Begins in the Heart)
 to the Lord Jesus Christ, He is the only one that can help in times of trouble.

James 4:7
Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.



The Lord took me this morning to the story of Cain & Abel in Genesis chapter 4.
Cain felt rejected by God because God was not pleased with his offering, but Abel found favor with God, Cain was jealous, envy, angry with his brother Abel. 

Genesis 7:6-7
So the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.” 


Many times I have felt that way, rejected, hurt, jealous... but God is so clear, He told me once and was the first time couple years ago that I heard in my spirit 
"Luvit, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”
When you get angry, you have 2 choices, open the door to sin (the devil) or go to the Lord and cry for His help for His peace to surround you. I have made the mistake of many times choosing the first one and the consequences were severe.


Lets continue with the story of Cain,  


8 Now Cain talked with Abel his brother; and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him.
9 Then the LORD said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?”
He said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?”
10 And He said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground. 11 So now youare cursed from the earth, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. 12 When you till the ground, it shall no longer yield its strength to you. A fugitive and a vagabond you shall be on the earth.”
13 And Cain said to the LORD, “My punishment is greater than I can bear! 14 Surely You have driven me out this day from the face of the ground; I shall be hidden from Your face; I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond on the earth, and it will happen that anyone who finds me will kill me.”
15 And the LORD said to him, “Therefore,[b] whoever kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the LORD set a mark on Cain, lest anyone finding him should kill him.


What a terrible punishment Cain brought to himself for lacking self-control and for being disobedient since God gave Him a clear warning. Was it worth it? Nope.


Also while reading the rest of the story I see that Cain had family and had pass the generational curse to them, to one of his descendants Lamech;

Genesis 4
23 Then Lamech said to his wives:
      “Adah and Zillah, hear my voice;
      Wives of Lamech, listen to my speech!
      For I have killed a man for wounding me,
      Even a young man for hurting me.

 24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold,
      Then Lamech seventy-sevenfold.”


Lameck has killed a young man for wounding & hurting him and Lameck was saying if anybody kills him that person will be punished seventy sevenfold (times).
And that's the amazing revelation that the Lord gave me today, Jesus said almost the same thing talking about forgiveness in:



Matthew 18:21-22

   
Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” 
Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. 

(Be Angry►Forgive►Say NO to sin)

Angry its an emotional feeling when we have been violated, when someone has crossed over our boundaries. But what the Lord wants us to do is to FORGIVE the offense quickly. I'm not saying that to be angry is bad but if we don't deal with it the right way in a Godly manner with God's help it will bring much pain to you and others.


Ephesians 4:31
Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.



Ecclesiastes 7:9
Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, For anger rests in the bosom of fools.





I pray that you will be humble and submit all anger to God and received an exchange of His peace that passes all understanding, that you will be quickly to recognize the enemy schemes and trust in the Lord you God for just vengeance, 
"for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God". James 1:20
In Jesus name I pray. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment