Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Conviction or Condemnation?

Romans 8:1


" There is therefore NOW no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."


Have you ever felt guilty after getting angry and yelling at your kids? or loosing control of yourself? or acting like a fool? or maybe doing something against your convictions?
Well, I know I have. I will say that one of the precious benefits of  following Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour is to know that He forgives and remembers NO more all your sins, He washes us with his pure blood and make us clean as white as snow.


Psalm 51:7 says:
Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Isaiah 1:18
“Come now, let’s settle this,”says the Lord.“Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.

The Holy Spirit is the one that brings conviction to our lives, is that small voice inside your heart that tells you what is right and what is wrong, He (the Holy Spirit) leads us to repentance so we can turn to God for help since without God we can't do anything. 
Philippians 4:13 "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. 


Here are some scriptures about the Holy Spirit.

Luke 24:49
“And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.”

John 3:6
Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.

John 14:17
He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.

John 14:26
But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

Now lets see the definition of the words conviction & condemnation (taken from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary)


  Definition of CONVICTION

1
: the act or process of finding a person guilty of a crime especially in a court of law
2
a : the act of convincing a person of error or of compelling the admission of a truthb : the state of being convinced of error or compelled to admit the truth
3
a : a strong persuasion or beliefb : the state of being convinced

Definition of CONDEMNATION

2
: the act of judicially condemning
3
: the state of being condemned
(a : to pronounce guilty b : sentencedoom <condemn a prisoner to die>
4
: a reason for condemning


Romans 8:1


" There is therefore NOW no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."












No comments:

Post a Comment